A Primary Years Programme (PYP) School
Findley Elementary School
4155 NW Saltzman Rd.
Portland, OR 97229
Attendance: 503-356-2100 Option 1
Office Hours: 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
School Mascot: Dragon School
Colors: Purple, Teal & Black
Nutritious breakfasts and lunches are available for all students to purchase each day. In addition, milk is sold separately from the complete meal. Water is also available.
Meal Times: Breakfast is served daily starting at 8:10am.
Lunch is served between 10:45am and 12:50pm.
Menu: Breakfast and Lunch Menus are posted on the Nutrition Services Website. https://www.beaverton.k12.or.us/depts/nutserv/Pages/menus.aspx
Meal Prices and Payment Options: (2018-2019 prices):
Student Full Pay
- Breakfast: $1.45
- Lunch: $3.05
- Extra Milk: $0.50
- Breakfast: Free
- Lunch: Free
- Breakfast: $2.00
- Lunch: $4.50
Additional information can be found on the Nutrition Services Page.
Free and Reduced Price Meal Benefits
If a family is experiencing financial need, parents may complete one application for free or reduced price meals for all students in their family. Meal benefits applications and instructions are available in each student's "back to school" packet, school office, cafeteria, or from the Nutrition Services Meal Benefits office. The application process and each student's meal benefit status is completely confidential. Families may apply for meal benefits at any time throughout the school year, even up to the last day of school. However, a new application is required for each school year. For more information please call: Nutrition Services Meal Benefits Office 503-356-3957 or ELL Welcome Center 503-356-3755.
Student Meal Accounts
Each student is assigned their own individual meal account which they can access using a Personal Identification Number, (PIN). The meal account is a debit account, so students who purchase full and reduced price meals must deposit money into their accounts before they can purchase meals. Parents may send cash or a check made out to "Findley Cafeteria". When making a payment, please indicate your student's first and last name along with his/her PIN on the memo line of the check or insert cash in an envelope (write your child's first and last name and PIN on the outside). There are two locked drop boxes at school. One is located at the top of the staircase leading to the cafeteria and the other is located outside the cafeteria entrance. Parents may also choose to deposit money online or by Toll Free Number.
Making payments online at the SchoolCafé website. SchoolCafé is an on-line payment system that is linked to your student's cafeteria. Parents can register for a free SchoolCafe account on the SchoolCafe website. You will need to have your student's 6-digit district ID to do so, which you can get by contacting the school. Payments made are usually credited to a student's account within 2 hours, but may take up to 24 hours, so it's best to make payments at least one day in advance.
More information is available on the Nutrition Services website: https://www.beaverton.k12.or.us/district/departments/nutserv or by calling (503) 356-3955.
1. Balance Notification Methods:
- Parents/Students can inquire directly with the cafeteria staff about their account balances.
- Parents/Guardian/ Students can see their students balance, create alerts as well as auto pay by signing up for a free School Café account. Please visit: https://www.schoolcafe.com/register
2. Negative Balance Notification Methods:
- After each negative balance charge, the parent or guardian may choose to be notified about the negative balance and the need to bring payment for future meal service via automated phone or e-mail message through the district’s "School Messenger" system. For this alert service to start please sign up through our SchoolMessenger page.
- Via Phone call from NS department. NS will make at least two attempts to contact the student’s parent or guardian to have the parent or guardian fill out a meal benefits application. This will help to determine if the student is eligible for free or reduced price meals. In addition, the NS department may contact parents or guardians about payment options. When your student graduates to the next level or transfers to another school within the BSD, the Nutrition Services account balance will transfer with him or her.
- Safe - Respectful - Responsible
- Arrival - Dismissal - Daily Schedule
- Calendar & Newsletters
- Visitors at School
- Student Contact Information
- Health & Medication
- After School Plans
- Walking to School
- Drop Off/Pick Up – Use Lower Parking Lot Only
- Neighborhood Courtesy
- Bicycles, Scooters, Skateboards, Roller Blades
- SchoolMessenger | BSD's Mass Notification System
- Emergency Procedures
- School Closures (Inclement Weather, etc.) & Snow Bus Routes
- Mandatory Volunteer Background Check
- Field Trips
- Parent Teacher Conferences
- Report Cards
- Cafeteria Behaviors / Lunch guests
- Supporting Students’ Success
- Late Lunch Drop Off / Meal Etiquette
- Meals and Nutrition
- Chewing Gum
- Playground Rules
- Toys, Pets & Valuables / Telephones / Technology
- School Clothes and Shoes / Lost & Found
- Parties / Balloons
- Positive Behavior Interventions & Supports (PBIS)
- Friendship Rules
- Bring Your Own Devise
- Notice of Extended Absence